Saturday, August 11, 2012

#2f - Leave 30 pounds in my 30's - Day 6!

Day 6 - CANNOT believe we are over halfway through with this challenge! I feel like it has flown by and I don't want it to end. Can't wait for the next adventure!

Here's what happened today...

B: 2 eggs scrambled, nonfat strawberry banana yogurt, orange

C25K Run!

S1: rice cake with natural PB

L: shake with skim milk

S2: string cheese, orange

D: 6" turkey sub from Subway with lettuce, cukes, green peppers, spinach and mustard, 0% vanilla greek yogurt for "dessert"

Went grocery shopping tonight to stock for the last few days of the challenge... AND for continued healthy eating.

Part of the challenge has been to think about our "crazy, awesome" goals for the next year. Here are mine...

1) It will be crazy, awesome next year when I am back in my intermediate theater jazz dance class on a regular basis.
2) It will be crazy, awesome next year when I am ready for my first advanced yoga or pilates class.
3) It will be crazy, awesome next year when I am playing on a recreational volleyball team. (or another sport if I try that one on and it doesn't quite fit - but I really think I will enjoy volleyball!)

The last one is the biggest for me because I NEVER played sports growing up and would not in the slightest way ever consider myself athletic. In the past few years I have been able to overcome some big insecurities and do things I never thought I would do - but this is one I have not been able to conquer. UNTIL I did this challenge. Now, I'm not saying I'm going to be the next Michael Phelps, but I am gaining a lot more confidence in my ability to be and to be strong physically. And I am also giving myself a little more freedom to simply enjoy the physical activities and not always have to be really good at them. I can play volleyball just for the fun of it! I can run just for the fun of it... if it ever becomes fun! :)

Still loving what this challenge is doing for me and can't wait to see where it takes me next. Day 7 on the way tomorrow...


1 comment:

  1. 1. It will be crazy, awesome next year when I'm photographed in my "after pic" wearing just a Jantzen and a smile!

    2. It will be crazy, awesome next year when my "day-jobs" consist of lucrative voiceover and on-camera gigs that leave me plenty of time for on-stage acting and building Explore Theater!

    3. It will be crazy, awesome next year when I am channeling Raabia, racking up a list of new and renewed fitness experiences: dancing, yoga, volleyball, softball, hiking, etc.

    4. It will be crazy, awesome next year when I am planning my wedding!!!! :-)

    LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete