Thursday, August 9, 2012

#2d - Leave 30 pounds in my 30's - Day 4



Day 4 was a crazy hectic day. It was one of those days at work where you hardly breathe from the minute you walk in the door until about 4:00pm and then you wonder what happened to the day. I got off track with the time of some of my meals, but the victory for me was that I didn't throw in the towel, I just got back on track and finished the day strong by ripping it with Jillian for my workout!

Here's how the day went...

B: protein box from starbucks (if you haven't noticed yet, I am a creature of habit when it comes to food!)

S1: missed it completely because of CRAZY day at work

L: shake with skim milk and an orange

S2: 0% vanilla greek yogurt and blueberry special k cereal

D: chicken fajitas but only ate the chicken, veggies and a little cheese (I'm pretty sure I ate some veggies I haven't eaten before because I was thinking if I can't eat the sour cream and the tortillas I better eat everything I can... and they were good!) Also indulged with one margarita - this place has an amazing peach margarita! If you haven't been to Alero's you should definitely check it out. My favorite is the one on U St.
workout - Jillian's ripped in 30 - I HATE IT but i love it. :)
No snack after because I just wasn't hungry, but lots of water tonight after my workout. I did spend a decent amount of time after my workout sitting on two bags of frozen green beans - one for each butt cheek! I have been nursing some sciatica for quite some time now and while it is getting better, it definitely reared it's ugly head tonight while I was ripping it!
I'm a little nervous about tomorrow because I am taking the day off which is very exciting but it has been easy to stick to the plan when I am out and about and have a schedule. I am hoping that I will be able to maintain tomorrow without a whole lot going on in my day. I am planning to get up and run at 8am so that I can get my day started with a workout and a good breakfast and hopefully that will keep me going for the rest of the day.

Also have plans to join a couple of my fellow castmates from Ragtime to go see a couple of our other castmates in Romeo & Juliet tomorrow night. Should be a really fun day and I really looking forward to some QT with some good friends.

Another thing I am learning is that being healthy is just about making choices. Everything I do involves a choice and I can sit around and complain about having too much work, or not enough time, but all those things are a result of choices I make. So really what these 10 days boil down to is the beginning of making BETTER CHOICES FOR MYSELF. And it feels great!


No comments:

Post a Comment