Thursday, August 9, 2012

#2c - Leave 30 pounds in my 30's - Day 3

Got home too late to post this last night - so here it is a day late! :)

Day 3 was not so bad. It was a super busy and long day but a good one. I can already begin to notice some changes - I just feel better overall.

Here's how the day went...

B - protein box from Starbuck's (one hard boiled egg, two slices of cheese, three slices of apples, a few grapes, and a mini pita with natural PB - delicious and so convenient!) Can't believe I made it out of the store without my normal venti soy chai!

S1 - string cheese and a handful of blueberries

L - shake with skim milk

S2 - string cheese and nonfat strawberry banana yogurt

D - salad with grilled chicken and veggies (thanks Lindsay for helping me pick out a great meal at the restaurant we went to - it was so yummy!)

Workout - C25K run at 6:15 AM!!! Can't believe I made it out of the bed so early. Thanks to Lindsay and my sisters, for calling and texting me to help me get up.

It's been a long day but focusing on the challenge has helped. Plus a dear friend took me out to dinner and a production of Sweeney Todd (oh how I love Sondheim!) with a great group of folks tonight. Late night but a fun one.

I am discovering that the greatest thing about this challenge, and I do mean the absolute greatest thing about it, is how it is bringing people together. I am connecting with important people in my life in a new way. I have never felt so supported by my two sisters before because we are engaging in this struggle together. And I am re-connecting with people who have not been in my life for a long time. AND I am newly connecting with complete strangers. Yesterday I literally got three text messages and a phone call - ALL BEFORE 6:15am - just to make sure that I got up and had my workout.


The absolute best part of life is the people we live it with! I am thankful for the people in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment