Monday, August 6, 2012

#2 - Leave 30 pounds in my 30's!

One of my tasks for this list is to leave 30 pounds behind in my 30's. This is not about weighing less or getting skinnier (although those are nice perks!) It is all about becoming the best version of myself. I want to leave the unhealthy eating habits and serious lack of exercise and fitness all behind me.

Of course, I am not going to accomplish this task in one swift action, but I have signed up for a ten day challenge that I hope will serve to kickstart this movement. My sister, Caroline, is doing it with me and also blogging about it. Check it out: http://bakerunlive.blogspot.com/2012/08/better-me-day-one-9-to-go.html



Today was day one and I plan to blog about each day. I will post my food and my workout for each day, so feel free to follow along. Can't wait to report the results at the end of the challenge!

The challenge involves replace breakfast or lunch with a shake and then eating reasonable "clean" meals for the other two meals. Also we are encouraged to eat every three hours, so I have a morning snack and an afternoon snack and since my workouts are in the evening I also have a
"recovery" snack or drink afterwards.

Here's day one:

B - 2 scrambled eggs, nonfat strawberry yogurt, banana

S1 - string cheese and blueberries

L - Shake

S2 - nonfat strawberry/banana yogurt and orange

D - 6" turkey sub on wheat from subway with lettuce, green peppers, cukes and mustard

Recovery - 0% vanilla greek yogurt

Workout - Free weights for arms, shoulders, back and an ab workout

Feeling great today and don't have any of that "yucky" feeling I get after eating a bunch of junk all day. 

Here's to a great day two and the first step to leaving behind those 30 lbs!

Stay tuned...


2 comments:

  1. so proud of you! We are rockin' our first day!! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Keep it up... it gets easier (and the rewards get more incredible!) I've dropped a dress size in three weeks, the "love" handles are fading away and I feel better and stronger than I ever have. Push through - you will be so happy that you did! I cannot wait to see what you become!

    ReplyDelete