Sunday, July 1, 2012

DERAILED...

Well, I was going to accomplish my first new task this weekend, but then something happened today...

a LEVERAGE marathon on ion television!

Yes, it is that easy friends. I have been derailed by a TV marathon. I have however selected my first task.

DRUMROLL PLEASE...


The Red Velvet Cake from scratch! Now before you get too excited - I did NOT bake this cake. This is the picture of the one my sister, Caroline, made. I am stealing her recipe and this is going to be my first layer cake made completely from scratch.

For those of you who don't know, I recently completed a run of Ragtime with the Laurel Mill Playhouse. A couple of my cast mates and I have discovered that we are all Leo's and there is talk of a party to celebrate our birthdays. I am going to make this cake for that event. This is scary and exciting for a few reasons...

1) I love Red Velvet cake!
2) I am not domestic and struggle to find my way around a kitchen.
3) I plan to do this without a trial run so if it flops, it flops BIG!

But I think that is the spirit of this blog - take risks, try new things, and just have fun with it.

So, stay tuned. The party may not be for awhile, but I will keep posting until then to collect new ideas, refine my list of 40 by 40, and generally keep you all updated on life.


6 comments:

  1. This was an awesome cake - follow my tips on my blog for it, and it will be wonderful! I'm so pleased my idea is your first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of your blog. A few weeks ago I created a list of things I wanted to do by the time I'm 50--a sort of bucket list, as I'm way too close to 40 to think about getting much done. I'll be interested to see what you do. Good luck with the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looked yummy on Caroline's blog the first time around. I'm sure I'll be drooling when you post your results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments VandyJ and Aubrey! I am making the cake this weekend so look for pictures coming soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why haven't you posted pictures yet of cake?

    ReplyDelete